I am currently looking for an SLP to provide in-home speech therapy services in Hendersonville, NC.
Desired qualifications in an SLP include:
- an energetic, friendly, and empathetic personality
- availability to work at least one afternoon a week
- previous in-home therapy experience or strong desire to switch to this setting
- enjoyment working one-on-one with pediatric patients and their families
- experience using a variety of treatment techniques for children with speech and language impairments, ASD, apraxia, and genetic disorders
- familiarity with augmentative and alternative communication options, including high tech devices
- ability to problem solve and "think outside the box"
- capability to work as an independent contractor (reimbursement rate per visit to be negotiated)
- licensed by ASHA and the state of NC
- knowledge of electronic medical records and awareness of mandated billing deadlines
- access to reliable transportation and flexibility to travel within a 30 mile radius
Position is considered part time with the flexibility of between 5-15 patient visits per week.
If you meet these qualifications and are interested in applying, please send a reference letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.